I write because I don’t always know what I think until I read what I write.
Writing Saves the Brain:
1. It has a calming effect: especially if you use calming words. It reduces stress!
2. It integrates and coordinates both the left and right brain hemispheres.
3. It boost cognitive skills (motor, memory, attention, perception, executive skills#).
4. It inspires creativity and creative thought.
5. It sharpens aging minds.
6. It improves memory.
Writing by hand has a longer-lasting effect on memory.
7. It uses more of the brain than machines (reading, motor cortex, etc.)
# Executive skills help you get things done: managing time; planning; paying attention; switching focus; etc.